Have questions? Ask us!

Employing in Poland

At a glance

Employment in Poland

Foreign companies that employ workers in Poland face several challenges and must adhere to the legal and regulatory framework that is in place. In particular, Poland have a unique social security and leave system which requires careful navigation. Our guide explains Polish policies on leave, termination and payment of benefits.

Read more

Payroll & Tax in Poland

Complying with local payroll and tax requirements is essential for a company doing business in Poland. While there is no withholding tax, payroll is somewhat outdated and inefficient and therefore requires careful consideration. Many companies will consider outsourcing these administrative tasks to a GEO (Global Employment Organization).

Read more

Immigration / Work Permits in Poland

Foreign workers are required to have the proper visas and work permits in Poland, as established by immigration laws. This often requires incorporation and licensing prior to sponsoring work permits for employees, which can be a problem if your company is trying to enter the country quickly. All employers must have a valid work permit, the most common of which is Work Permit C which covers workers under intra-company transfers.

Read more


There are several business structures available for incorporation in Poland, and each has advantages and disadvantages. The type of structure selected will often rest upon the size of the business. Our guide has a a comparison of the time and cost for incorporating standard company structures including branches, subsidiaries, limited liability companies and joint stock companies.

Read more

GEO Solutions or DIY Employment in Poland?

Companies entering Poland must make a decision whether to use their own resources for a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) approach, or to use a Global Employment Organization to handle payroll and employment responsibilities. A GEO or Poland Employer of Record solution makes it faster, easier and cheaper to deploy staff if they don’t have a Polish entity established that can run payroll.

A DIY approach will typically take 6-9 months until there is a properly incorporated WFOE ready to run payroll and cost up to 6 figures if registered capital is required. Shield GEO can deploy foreign staff in 4-6 weeks and local staff in 48 hours. Additionally Shield GEO is responsible for all compliance issues related to the employment.

Using Shield GEO Employer of Record Services in Poland

Payroll Poland
Management Fee for Employer of Record Services / Monthly Payroll Costs

Please contact us for a quote

Grossed income Tax Rate (%)
Up to 3091 PLN 0
3,091-85,528 PLN 18
Over 85,528 PLN 32
Tax Returns Supplied


Corporate Tax Requirements

Corporate income is taxed at 19%.

Employers Social Security and statutory contributions
  • Pensions:  Employer contributes 9.76% of salary
  • Medical Insurance: Employer does not contribute
  • Invalidity Pension:  Employer contributes 6.5%
  • Accident Insurance:  Employer contributes between 0.67% and 3.85%
  • Health Insurance:  Employer does not contribute
  • Labour Fund: Employer does not contribute
Employees Social Security and statutory contributions
  • Pensions:  Employee contributes an additional 9.76%
  • Medical Insurance: Employee contributes 2.45%
  • Invalidity Pension:  Employee contributes 1.5%
  • Accident Insurance:  Employee does not contribute
  • Health Insurance:  Employee contributes 9% of salary
  • Labour Fund: Employee contributes 3.45%
Payroll Tax


Sales Tax

VAT is 20%, although rates of 5% or 8% may apply to foods.

Withholding Tax
  • Dividends: 19%
  • Interest: 20%
  • Royalties: 20%



Work Permits
Can Sponsor Work


Work Permit cost


Work Permit processing time

10-12 weeks

Work Permit process

It takes around 10-12 weeks to secure a Work Permit in Poland.

The processing costs are and €2,750 through Shield GEO’s local partner.

Documentation required (Employee): Copy of the personal pages of the applicant’s passport, CV, passport photos, copies of degree/diploma/professional certificates and copies of professional references (may need to be notarized/apostilled depending on nationality). All documents need to be translated into Polish. Client will also need to provide a detailed job description in both English and Polish.

Can Work Permit be processed in country


Switch Business Visa to Work Permit?


Can Spouse work on dependent visa?

Yes, once the marriage is registered with the Civil Registry Office, a spouse may stay on a temporary residence permit which can be extended.


Business Visas
Can do Business Visa

Yes, for non-visa exempt nationals. All non-visa exempt nationals require a Business Visa.

Business Visa Cost


Business Visa processing time

5-7 days

Can supply private health care


Can assist opening bank accounts


+1 877 457 7691
Chat Now
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin


to our monthly Global Mobility newsletter